A Gift of Clean for Grandparents’ Day
Looking for inspiration for grandparents’ day gifts? Help them out with their cleaning!
Maybe you’ve noticed the older adults in your family are having a bit more trouble keeping their homes in the state they always have as they age in place. As we advance in years, issues related to mobility, balance and even vision can make it more of a challenge to perform household tasks.
However, maintaining independence in the elderly is crucial to mental and emotional well-being. This year skip material grandparents’ day gifts that just result in more clutter and dusting. Give your grandparents the gift of a clean home with Merry Maids!
Merry Maids Services
We offer a range of services that can be customized to fit the household and needs of your grandparents as they age in place. Below you’ll find a sampling of the ways we can lend a hand.
- Full house cleaning — We’ll clean and tidy a house top to bottom... literally! This service covers the majority of the home from dusting ceiling fans to vacuuming and washing floors.
- Kitchen cleaning — The kitchen is known for being busy and for housing hard-to-clean messes. We’ve got the elbow grease to make it sparkle.
- Bedroom cleaning — Bedrooms are for sweet dreams, not stressful housework. Let us help your grandparents sleep soundly.
- Bathroom cleaning — Honestly, who wants to clean a bathroom? We do! Merry Maids will get the powder room in pristine condition, so your grandparents don’t have to worry about polishing porcelain and scouring soap scum.
- Living and family room cleaning — It’s hard to relax in these rooms when they need constant vacuuming or dusting. We’re here to help you and your grandparents unwind.
- Specialty services — Organizing cabinets? Check. Cleaning ovens and refrigerators? Check. Packing and unpacking? Check. Each of our offices provides a variety of specialty services to help make life a little easier. Contact your local Merry Maids to see if they can help with the grandparents’ day gifts you have in mind.
Benefits of a Professional Housekeeping Service
You may be tempted to undertake the cleaning yourself as a gift for grandparents’ day. While this is thoughtful, it might have the unintended consequence of making a grandparent feel bad. After all, do you think your grandmother or grandfather would rather spend a day enjoying time with you or watch you scrub their kitchen sink from the other room?
In addition, it’s important that we feel a sense of independence as we get older. Seeing a grandchild or relative do the housework they’re no longer able to take care of could make a grandparent feel depressed or helpless.
For some reason, watching someone who is not related — and who cleans for a living — tackle the housekeeping doesn’t have quite the same effect. In addition, when you don’t have to take care of the cleaning, you have more time to spend with your grandparents. It’s a win-win!
This year give your grandparents a gift they’ll always cherish — a clean home and a chance to spend time with you. Contact your local Merry Maids today.