New Years Housekeeping Resolutions
January has just kicked off and if you’re like most people, you’ve made a handful of resolutions for yourself. It can be tough figuring out how to keep new year’s resolutions, with an emphasis on those that pertain to working out, eating right or keeping the house clean. While you’re on your own when it comes to diet and exercise, we do have a few tricks up our sleeves that can help you stay on course when it comes to clutter control and maintaining a tidy home.
Ready to get year started off right? Let’s go!
Create a Home Cleaning Schedule
The mistake most people make when it comes to creating a home cleaning schedule is overwhelming themselves. That’s why it’s important for you to set small manageable goals that allow you to stay on top of the housekeeping without burning yourself out on chores. Try adapting our daily cleaning schedule to your lifestyle and make sure you’re cleaning house in the right order.
Keep in mind that it takes about 21 days to form a new habit. After that, maintaining a home cleaning schedule will be a lot easier. In addition, it’s OK if you skip a day or two because you’re busy or just plain wiped. Just pick up where you left off, so you keep the momentum, but don’t wear yourself out.
These articles may come in handy as you design your home cleaning schedule:
- 8 Quick and Easy Chores to Do Around the House
- Bathroom Cleaning Checklist
- Bedroom Cleaning Checklist
- Living Room Cleaning Checklist
- Room-by-Room Cleaning Guide
Clean SmartYou want to be strategic when you’re figuring out how to keep your new year’s resolutions so that you can really amp up the clutter control and house cleaning. The more organized your home and well planned your cleaning attack, the easier the tasks and the more likely you are to keep those promises to yourself.
Here’s some inspiration that can set you up for success this January:
- Make sure you have all the cleaning supplies you need and keep them in easy reach.
- Take a lot of hassle out of tidying up the kitchen with cleaning hacks, including keeping extra liners at the bottom of trash cans and checking the fridge for anything that needs to be tossed on a weekly basis.
- Clean as you go when cooking or serving meals.
- Break your bad housekeeping habits as early in the year as possible.
- Understand how organization can help you keep a tidier home, particularly if you have features such as open shelving.
- Get rid of sentimental clutter to make cleaning less time consuming.
Call for BackupSometimes resolutions can be hard to keep on your own. This is especially true when it comes to those that involve clutter control or creating new schedules. In these situations, there’s no shame at all in asking for an assist from your family. Here are some ideas that can help you do just that:
Contact your local Merry Maids today!