Gifts For Messy Person
Unless everyone you know is a housekeeping professional, you probably have a disorganized or messy person on your holiday shopping list. Wondering how to help someone get organized? Maybe give the messy people in your life a present that will help them keep things tidy and orderly, without downright insulting them and their approach towards cleaning house.
Take a look at five gifts for a messy person that could be life-changing.
1. Vacuuming and Mopping RobotsThanks to technology, robots can clean our floors! And to get the best results, you need to keep the floor clear to begin with, which lends itself to a tidier household. These devices aren’t cheap, so the messy person in question will probably be really high up on your “Nice” list. However, you can bet the recipient will get your money’s worth out of these gifts.
One note: When purchasing these products, make sure you’re buying from a reputable company. There are some scammers quoting ridiculously low prices out there, so if a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.
2. OrganizersThese days, there’s a container or bin to coordinate and control anything and everything you can think of, meaning it’s easy to customize gifts for organizing. Try a tea bag organizer for your bud who loves a good brew. Your friend having trouble getting family meals on the table might benefit from a meal planner. Shoe racks. Cosmetic storage drawers. Purse organizers. Decorative jewelry holders. Chances are good you’ll find an organizational tool to help your messy person out.
3. Key KeepersDo you have a friend who’s infamous for running late because he can never find his keys? One of the best gifts for a messy person is a means of keeping small personal belongings in a single place, so that they don’t get lost. Consider creative hooks and wall-mounted key holders with shelves to hold billfolds, sunglasses and purses. Or go high tech with tiny Bluetooth trackers that can be fastened to key chains, placed in wallets or attached to smartphones and other electronics.
4. A Self-Help BookBut not just any self-help book: The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing by Marie Kondo. If your messy person is also a bookworm, this bestseller may resonate with him or her. Kondo is famous in the cleaning world for her decluttering instructions that help you say goodbye to clutter, as well as her organizational techniques. You may even want a copy for yourself!
5. Merry Maids Gift CardsWe’ve left the best for last: What better gift for a messy person than a team of professional housekeepers? Give your friends a Merry Maids gift card, and they can schedule a cleaning appointment when it’s convenient for them. Our Merry Maids teams will take care of the washing and tidying, so your messy friends can kick back and relax.
You may not ever transform your untidy loved ones into neat freaks. However, with some thoughtful gifts for organizing, you could inspire them to add a little order to their lives. Who knows? By this time next year, they might be giving you advice on how to keep a tidy home.