Cleaning Supplies Every College Student Must Have
The days of cleaning your child’s room while they’re out with friends are about to be a thing of the past. That’s right, it’s college move-in week!
While this is arguably the most exciting time in any young person’s life, it’s also one of the most stressful. Now, your not-so-little one is in charge of everything from getting their classwork done to keeping their room clean. Luckily, the first step to a tidy room is having the right supplies.
Cleaning Supplies Every College Freshman Needs
- Paper Towels: Paper towels are a college student’s best friend — they’re napkins, hand towels, dish rags, and about 20 other things. If you can, send your kid off with a couple rolls. Trust us, they’ll go fast!
- All-Purpose Cleaner: When in doubt, all-purpose cleaner can tackle most messes.
- Disinfectant Wipes: Is your child not one to clean very often? Disinfectant wipes are the fool-proof way to get a sparkling finish with just one product.
- Dish Soap: Even if your child’s school has a cafeteria, most students like to bring a few plates and cups with them for late night snacks and cooking. Dishes are also a necessity for anyone moving into an off-campus house or apartment.
- Microfiber Cloth: Is your child sneezing throughout your weekly call? If so, it might not be because of their allergies. Paper towels don’t pick up dust as well as a microfiber cloth, so we suggest throwing one into your college student’s bags. Encouraging them to use it just once or twice a week will go a long way in eliminating dust.
- Small Vacuum: A handheld or cordless vacuum should provide enough cleaning power for any bedroom or apartment.
- Trashbags: There’s a good chance your kid’s room will function as a bedroom, living room, dining room, and kitchen, which means they can never have enough trash bags.
- Laundry Detergent and Softener: If their laundry room is on another floor of the house, lighten your child’s load (literally) by grabbing them portable detergent packs.
Did last year’s tenant leave your kid’s room less than sparkling clean? If so, give your local Merry Maids a call! We’ll have their new home away from home looking beautiful in no time and give them the chance to focus on what matters most (classwork, hopefully!).