Save Time Vacuuming
Vacuuming may seem like a no-brainer. You plug the appliance in, switch it on and you’re ready to go, right? Well, that’s somewhat true, but it’s also possible that you may be taking longer than necessary to complete this task. Fortunately, we have some tips you can incorporate into your vacuuming habits to keep this chore from sucking up your downtime.
Learn how to vacuum like a pro, so you can take the time to do something other than clean house.
1. Lay Out a PlanIn order to save time vacuuming, you need to establish a game plan. First, map out the rooms you’ll be cleaning from start to finish. It helps to know the right order in which to clean a house. For example, you always want to take care of any dusting before cleaning your floors. Otherwise, you could end up vacuuming twice to collect fallen dust bunnies. Making a plan will help you streamline your efforts so that every single minute counts.
2. Make Sure Your Vacuum is CleanIt’s important to have a clean vacuum when you start your housework. Why? Well, the appliance needs ample airflow in order to function properly. So, if the filter is coated with dust or the canister is full, your vacuuming won’t be as effective. Save time vacuuming by making sure you’re set up for success with a clean machine that’s ready to get the job done right.
3. Tidy Up FirstYou already know that you should dust before vacuuming. However, you also want to take a few minutes to clear the floors in all the rooms you’re working in. This is an excellent way to save time vacuuming, as you won’t have to stoop to pick up random items as you traverse the room. Additionally, it can help prevent you from sucking up things that could damage your vacuum or get tangled in the beater bar and can also keep you from tripping as you clean.
4. Know How to VacuumIt may seem like there’s nothing to hoovering your common areas or living room floor. There are some ground rules when it comes to using these appliances properly, though. Making sure you know how to vacuum the right way can make your efforts more efficient and can also help you keep your machine in good working order.
5. Vacuum RegularlyWhen you maintain a regular housekeeping schedule that includes vacuuming, you’ll save time in the long run. Think about it: If your floors are being tended to throughout the week, less dirt accumulates. That can lead to fewer passes that you have to make with the appliance, meaning you’re going to save time vacuuming. If you’re not sure how often your home needs this type of cleaning, check out this post to learn how often to vacuum.
As you can see, knowing how to vacuum in a more productive manner can really cut down on how long it takes to complete the task. But if your life is so hectic you barely have time to do a dish, much less vacuum your home, contact your local Merry Maids. We’re happy to pitch in with the housekeeping so you can find a few moments for yourself.