New and Enhanced Safety Protocols
Spring 2020 has certainly turned out to be different from any other in recent history in a way few of us could have ever possibly imagined. These are difficult times in varying degrees for everyone, and we hope that you are weathering the storm, staying healthy and well.
Here at Merry Maids®, we have also been learning to adapt to the times. We assure you that we are taking every precaution to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Keeping our team members and customers healthy and safe is our #1 priority.
To that end, we have recommended new and enhanced safety protocols. We’d like to share with you a detailed overview of what we are doing.
Additional Safety and Disinfection Training
We’ve provided our teams with additional training, which covers a wealth of information designed to keep our team members and our customers safe.
These trainings include:
- Proper personal protective equipment (PPE) usage
- New disinfecting product usage
- Safety protocols for social distancing
- Enhanced disinfection services
- Office interaction protocol
Our team members understand recommended hand-hygiene and the proper way to don and remove PPE for maximum effectiveness.
Team member PPE includes:
- Disposable gloves
- Shoe covers (where available)
- Hand sanitizer
Along with the use of new disinfecting products, our team members have been trained on the process for disinfecting high-touch areas, along with the dwell-time needed to effectively kill germs. Supplies are replenished at the end of the day while wearing proper PPE, and the areas are disinfected afterward.
Merry Maids® offices are sanitized and disinfected every morning and at the end of every day. In-office gatherings have been suspended and social distancing measures are in place. Team members will report any symptoms and stay at home if they have any.
What to Expect During Your Cleaning Services
Because of these new and enhanced safety protocols, you may be wondering what will happen during your cleaning services. We want to be sure you’re comfortable while we’re in your home, so we’ve outlined what you can expect.
If you have special instructions for cleaning, you can provide details to us over the phone, or you can leave a note inside your door with any special requests.
Our team members follow these steps upon arrival at your home:
- We can call or text you from the street as we arrive to allow you time to unlock your entry
- Outside of your home, we will don PPE and gather our freshly and thoroughly disinfected cleaning equipment and supplies
- Before we enter your home, you and your family may seclude yourselves in one area of your home while we clean the rest
- Based on your needs and specific requests, we will thoroughly clean your home and provide enhanced disinfection services to effectively disinfect high-touch hard surfaces
- We will announce when we are finished cleaning, then depart your home
- We will remove PPE outside of your home following established guidelines
We hope that you and your family have implemented new protocols too. Whatever we can do to accommodate any additional requests to help keep your home and family healthy, we would be happy to discuss. Stay well, and please reach out if there’s anything we can do!