International Womens Day
March 8 is International Women’s Day
This International Working Women’s Day we’d like to highlight just how far women have come in the past century. Then we’ll give you some tips that everyone — regardless of gender — can use when trying to figure out how to keep your house clean while working full time, part time, homeschooling your kids or whatever your day entails.
Celebrate International Women’s Day — Success By the Numbers
While the U.S. BLS reports that the percentage of women in the workforce has changed little over the past several decades, the roles they play have definitely grown. Take a look at some of these amazing facts from the U.S. Department of Labor
- There are almost 74.6 million women in the civilian labor force.
- Almost 47 percent of U.S. workers are women.
- Women own close to 10 million businesses, accounting for $1.4 trillion in receipts.
- 70 percent of mothers with children under 18 participate in the labor force, with over 75 percent employed full time.
- Mothers are the primary or sole earners for 40 percent of households with children under 18 today.
- Women are more likely than men to have earned a bachelor’s degree by age 29.
- The proportion of women with college degrees in the labor force has almost quadrupled since 1970.
Though women can now head to the polls and their roles in the workforce have changed, one thing remains the same according to data from United States Bureau of Labor Statistics
Ease Anxiety Over Housework — 5 Tips to Make Tidying Up Less of a Chore
Anxiety over housework is a real problem. Regardless of gender, it can be difficult to keep a spotless home when you’re trying to balance your career and quality of life. Here are some ideas that can help you figure out how to keep your house clean while working full time.
- Create a daily cleaning schedule
- Stock up on standard cleaning supplies
- Enlist the family — As the saying goes, there is strength in numbers. Ask your partner to pitch in and assign age-appropriate chores
- Know which chores you can take care of quickly
- Hire a maid service
We have just one more statistic for you on this International Working Women’s Day: Almost 90 percent of housekeeping professionals are women